Last updated on September 6th, 2018 at 09:53 am
NTA NEET UG 2019 Eligibility: As per the Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI), aspirants willing to get appear in NEET 2019 must fulfill minimum eligibility criteria i.e Nationality, Age Limit, Qualification etc. Based on the latest changes (rules) issued by the CBSE on the relaxation on the number of attempts. Now, candidate can appear more than three times in NEET Exam fulfilling other eligibility criteria. Candidate must ensure that they have gone through National Testing Agency/ NTA NEET Eligibility Criteria.
Question: Is there any change in eligibility in NTA NEET 2019?
Answer: There shall be no changes. The eligibility criteria is decided by MCI and DCI. NTA is going to work as CBSE. Their responsibility is to issue NEET-UG 2019 Notification, invite online application, conduct the exam and issue results. So. NEET 2019 eligibility would be same as of NEET 2018.
The candidate who has attained minimum 17 years at the time of admission or will complete 17 years of age on before 31 December 2019 (admission to the 1st year of MBBS/ BDS course) are eligible for NEET Exam. The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years of age for the General and 30 years for the ST/ ST/ OBC candidate.
Table of Contents
NTA NEET 2019 Eligibility
MHRD NTA is going to conduct NEET 2019 entrance exam for admission in 1st-year MBBS/ BDS course in Colleges (Medical/ Dental) under the MCI/ DCI regulations.
According to the official information bulletin, candidate must understand minimum eligibility of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Filling the form without meeting eligibility leads to your form cancellation anytime. So, do not fill the form, if you are ineligible, do not fill the NEET Form.
Online Age Calculator can be used to check your total age as per Date of Birth. Candidate must check minimum as well as upper age limit required for NTA NEET 2019.
- Minimum Age Limit: The candidate must have attained 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019 (year of admission) in the first-year MBBS/ BDS course.
- Upper age limit for Unreserved (General/Creamy Layer OBC) is 25 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxed to 30 years for SC/ ST/ OBC category and persons entitled to the reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Person with Disability (PwD) can check MC Guidelines for PH Quota, Disability %: Complete Details
Following nationality candidate are allowed to appear in NEET-UG 2019:
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) &
- Foreign Nationals
- Appearing in Qualifying Exam: You are eligible if you are appearing in 12th Board Examination in year 2019, whose result is awaited. The candidate is not eligible if he/ she fails in the 12th board examination or not able to produce pass percentage marksheet before the first round of counselling.
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and
must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying
- NIOS students are eligible for NTA NEET 2019.
Due to prevailing confusion, I am again clarifying that :
After our victory in Delhi HC
Both, Add. Bio & NIOS Candidates are ELIGIBLE 4 admission in any Indian/Foreign college for MBBS
Provided that they qualified #NEET
No additional Certificate from MCI is required for abroad
— Dr Amit Gupta ?? (@agupta_7) September 5, 2018
Below are the board/ school from where 12th board students are not eligible to appear in NEET UG 2019.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from as a private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET (UG).
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
The candidate who are Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats (AIQ).
Candidates from Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana had decided to join the All India Quota Seats by their letter no.13021/C1/2016 dated 06.11.2017 & letter no.7072/C1/2017 dated 07.11.2017. So, the candidate belongs to AP & Telangana can appear in 15% All India Quota Counselling.
- Accordingly, the candidates of these States have also become eligible for 15% All India Quota seats (As per letter No. F.No. V.26012/05.2017-MEP/MEC dated 10.01.2018, Directorate General Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Candidates from State of J & K
- Students from State of Jammu and Kashmir are Not Eligible for 15% all India quota seats as the J&K State has opted out of All India Quota Seats.
- If they claim eligibility, they must submit online (Self Declaration Certificate) which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling. The draft self-declaration format is given at the information brochure (Appendix-III)
- Jammu and Kashmir State Candidates can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.